One of the pairs most delicious in cooking, spinach and ricotta, which in this preparation are the stuffed of ravioli. The following recipe is from my grandmother and involves the use of two different kind of flour, the classic type 00 and wheat flour. You can serve them with tomato sauce (as shown here) or with a simple butter and sage; it depends on your taste!
Ingredients for 4 serves:
– 500g of tomato puree
– 300g of wheat flour
– 250g of ricotta
– 150g of flour 00
– 100g of spinach
– 2 eggs
– 1 garlic clove
– 1/2 onion
– extra virgin olive oil
– grated parmesan
1. Clean and boil the spinach.
2. On a pastry board, sift the flours and arrange them so that it form something similar to a vulcan; put in the centre the egs, a little salt, a little oil and knead, adding water if necessary.
3. Wring out the spinach and chop them.
4. In a bowl, mix the spinach withe the ricotta and flavour with nutmeg.
5. Chop the onion and the garlic; heat the oil in a pot and lightly fry the crushed.
6. Put the tomato puree into the pan and season with salt, pepper and sugar; cook for 20 minutes.
7. Resume the dough and roll it out to a thickness of 4mm; distribuite over the filling in a small heaps well spaced and create ravioli.
8. Heat to boiling salted water with a little oil.
9. Cook the ravioli.
10. Season the pasta with the tomato sauce and sprinkle with grated parmesan.